- 2019 Posts
- Don’t Let Intimidation Get in the Way of Home Ownership
- Setting Financial Goals for the New Year
- Buying a home after bankruptcy
+ 2018 Posts
- Why you should own a home rather than rent
- FHFA Conforming Loan Limits 2019
- How 2018 Market Trends Will Affect Wisconsin Buyers
- No Money Down Home Loans Appleton Oshkosh Green Bay Wisconsin
- Benefits of using FHA for your home loan
- Benefits of being a homeowner
- Wisconsin local lender vs online lender
- Home Loan Pre-Approval
- No Money Down Home Loan
- Serve and Support Loans
- Debt Consolidation and Cash Out
+ 2017 Posts
- Fast and Easy Refinance
- Now is the Time to Purchase a New Home
- Low Money Down Loans
- Who Can Get a VA Loan?
- Renting or Buying
- Loan Discounts for Nurses
- USDA Home Loans
- Loan Discounts for Teachers
- FHA 203K Home Improvement Loan
- Discount for Firefighters
- Getting an FHA Loan
- Discount for Police Officers
- Rates on the Rise
- Pre-Approval and Pre-Qualification Differences
- USDA No Money Down Home Loan
- Low Credit Home Buying
- Financing your New Home
- Bankruptcy and Home Ownership
- FHA 203K Loan
- Raising Rates Impact Buyers
- Finding the Right Home
- Buying VS Renting
- Home for Neighborhood Heroes
- GSF 100% Financing
- Free Appraisal with Finance First
- Home Inspections
- Low Money-Down Loan
- VA Loans 2017
- What is Mortgage Insurance
- Tax Refund Options
- FHA Loans
- Using a Realtor
- New Year Debt
+ 2016 Posts
- New Year, New Home!
- Mortgage Pre-Approval Advantages
- Bankruptcy and Home Buying
- Credit Scores
- Home Selling Secrets
- Rates to Rise
- Ready, Set, Winter!
- VA Loans
- Holiday Dream Home
- Stop Paying Rent Today!
- No Money Down Home Loans
- Getting Pre-Approved for Your Loan
- New Home for the Holidays
- Fall Home Deals
- No Down Payment Loans
- Streamline FHA and IRRRL VA loans
- Home Buying Tip #4
- Home Buying Tip #3
- Home Buying Tip #2
- Home Buying Tips and Tricks
- HomeReady - A Home Today!
- Serious About Buying a Home?
- Can you Afford to Wait to Purchase a Home?
- If You are Renting You are Still Paying a Mortgage
- Top Reasons We Buy a Home
- A Friendly Reminder: You Do Not Need 20% Down
- Selling Your Home and Holding Out for More Money
- Why Smart Singles are Buying Homes Now
- Avoid Having Your Offer to Purchase Rejected
- Building Your Net Worth with Home Ownership
- Why You Need a Home Inspection
- Why This is the Time to Sell Your Home
- Listing Your Home with a Realtor VS For Sale by Owner
- Buyers: Using a Real Estate Agent VS For Sale by Owner
- Millennial Home Buyers
- Home Buying during a Sellers Market
- Buying Versus Renting
- Private Mortgage Insurance Good or Bad
- You Do Not Need Great Credit to Buy a Home
- Putting Your Tax Return Toward Your Future
- FHA 203K loan – purchases and refinances that include rehab money
- Have Limited Down Payment Funds - FHA may be the loan for you!
- No Money Down Loans - USDA Rural Development Loans
- Should You Buy a Home Now or Wait Until Spring
- Use your tax returns toward your home purchase and invest in your future
+ 2015 Posts
- Renting VS. Buying – The benefits of being a home owner
- Pre-Approval for New Home Purchase
- What is Mortgage Insurance - PMI
- What to know about Escrow for Taxes and Insurance with your Home Loan
- Credit Score Tips
- Refinancing and Reducing Monthly Payments
- Fall Home Buying Season
- How do I get a VA Loan
- Fall is Upon Us
Raising Rates Impact BuyersApril 11, 2017
March weather not only brought in spring weather and homes going on the market for sale, but also brought with it a rate increase with the Federal Reserve. Many first time home buyers are asking "how does this affect me?"
When the Federal Reserve raises its rate, it affects local lenders with rate increases. This is then passed down to anyone that is hoping to purchase a home. When interest rates increase, so do mortgage payments.
A mortgage payment is composed of payments toward your principle and towards the interest owed to the bank for lending you money. When the interest rate goes up, your payment amount does too. Interest rate increases mean home buyers may find they do not qualifying for as much purchase money and can be made to buy a home of less value to afford that payment.
The good news is, if you are looking to purchase a home, now is the time to act and get pre-approved. The rate increase was small this time around, but the Federal Reserve is possibly planning another increase in June and another before the end of the year.
Purchasing your home now will lock in your rate while it's still affordable and help you take advantage of rates we may not see again.
Contact GSF Mortgage today, we are here to help you accomplish your home dreams!