- 2019 Posts
- Don’t Let Intimidation Get in the Way of Home Ownership
- Setting Financial Goals for the New Year
- Buying a home after bankruptcy
+ 2018 Posts
- Why you should own a home rather than rent
- FHFA Conforming Loan Limits 2019
- How 2018 Market Trends Will Affect Wisconsin Buyers
- No Money Down Home Loans Appleton Oshkosh Green Bay Wisconsin
- Benefits of using FHA for your home loan
- Benefits of being a homeowner
- Wisconsin local lender vs online lender
- Home Loan Pre-Approval
- No Money Down Home Loan
- Serve and Support Loans
- Debt Consolidation and Cash Out
+ 2017 Posts
- Fast and Easy Refinance
- Now is the Time to Purchase a New Home
- Low Money Down Loans
- Who Can Get a VA Loan?
- Renting or Buying
- Loan Discounts for Nurses
- USDA Home Loans
- Loan Discounts for Teachers
- FHA 203K Home Improvement Loan
- Discount for Firefighters
- Getting an FHA Loan
- Discount for Police Officers
- Rates on the Rise
- Pre-Approval and Pre-Qualification Differences
- USDA No Money Down Home Loan
- Low Credit Home Buying
- Financing your New Home
- Bankruptcy and Home Ownership
- FHA 203K Loan
- Raising Rates Impact Buyers
- Finding the Right Home
- Buying VS Renting
- Home for Neighborhood Heroes
- GSF 100% Financing
- Free Appraisal with Finance First
- Home Inspections
- Low Money-Down Loan
- VA Loans 2017
- What is Mortgage Insurance
- Tax Refund Options
- FHA Loans
- Using a Realtor
- New Year Debt
+ 2016 Posts
- New Year, New Home!
- Mortgage Pre-Approval Advantages
- Bankruptcy and Home Buying
- Credit Scores
- Home Selling Secrets
- Rates to Rise
- Ready, Set, Winter!
- VA Loans
- Holiday Dream Home
- Stop Paying Rent Today!
- No Money Down Home Loans
- Getting Pre-Approved for Your Loan
- New Home for the Holidays
- Fall Home Deals
- No Down Payment Loans
- Streamline FHA and IRRRL VA loans
- Home Buying Tip #4
- Home Buying Tip #3
- Home Buying Tip #2
- Home Buying Tips and Tricks
- HomeReady - A Home Today!
- Serious About Buying a Home?
- Can you Afford to Wait to Purchase a Home?
- If You are Renting You are Still Paying a Mortgage
- Top Reasons We Buy a Home
- A Friendly Reminder: You Do Not Need 20% Down
- Selling Your Home and Holding Out for More Money
- Why Smart Singles are Buying Homes Now
- Avoid Having Your Offer to Purchase Rejected
- Building Your Net Worth with Home Ownership
- Why You Need a Home Inspection
- Why This is the Time to Sell Your Home
- Listing Your Home with a Realtor VS For Sale by Owner
- Buyers: Using a Real Estate Agent VS For Sale by Owner
- Millennial Home Buyers
- Home Buying during a Sellers Market
- Buying Versus Renting
- Private Mortgage Insurance Good or Bad
- You Do Not Need Great Credit to Buy a Home
- Putting Your Tax Return Toward Your Future
- FHA 203K loan – purchases and refinances that include rehab money
- Have Limited Down Payment Funds - FHA may be the loan for you!
- No Money Down Loans - USDA Rural Development Loans
- Should You Buy a Home Now or Wait Until Spring
- Use your tax returns toward your home purchase and invest in your future
+ 2015 Posts
- Renting VS. Buying – The benefits of being a home owner
- Pre-Approval for New Home Purchase
- What is Mortgage Insurance - PMI
- What to know about Escrow for Taxes and Insurance with your Home Loan
- Credit Score Tips
- Refinancing and Reducing Monthly Payments
- Fall Home Buying Season
- How do I get a VA Loan
- Fall is Upon Us
How 2018 Market Trends Will Affect Wisconsin BuyersJune 27, 2018
Confidence about the economy is up in the U.S. The job market is good. These factors and others will help you decide whether to buy a home in 2018.
Mortgage rates may be rising a bit but are still good by historical standards. There are less houses than there is demand. It’s a good time to be selling a house. But it can also be a good time to buy if you play your cards right.
First time buying can be tricky and confusing. There are many steps to take but choosing the right professionals to help you through the process makes all the difference.
While technology is important to get current information on new listings, getting to know your real estate agent and lender is going to make all the difference.
Sure, it can seem easier to deal with an online lender, but in the end meeting with someone face to face is crucial to developing trust and having the ability to ask all the right questions. This is after all one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. The experts at GSF Mortgage in Little Chute are here to help.
This is more important than ever in 2018. There may be certain factors which make buyers feel hesitant right now, such as more competition for homes and new tax laws putting caps on property tax deductions. Data shows though that buyers are still motivated to buy.
What are the right steps to take?
Those who wait to see what will happen with future economic policies and the real estate market may lose out on opportunities. Americans still consider home-ownership a better choice than renting.
There may be a bidding competition on the home you’re hoping for. Being organized and choosing the right professionals to guide you is crucial. Take everything one step at a time; seek pre-approval and prepare financial documents ahead of time to avoid missing out on the house you see yourself in.
In this market its important for buyers to have a streamlined strategy for where they want to buy and what kind of home speaks to them. Be ready to place competitive offers.
Yes, its possible someone may bid a higher offer and win the home you’re checking out. Sometimes people lose jobs to a competitor also- this doesn’t mean they give up. It’s the American spirit to be inspired by competition. You’ll find what you’re looking for and in the timing that works for your family.
Being able to talk to your lender when you need to makes all the difference in timing your adventure to nab that perfect house you’ve found.
It may be a seller’s market, but if you’re ready to buy then it’s the right time for you. Home values across the state of Wisconsin are averaging $174,539, which is up 5.2% from last year. Between excellent school districts, affordability and a good job market there’s no compelling reason not to buy.
Millennials must be seeing this, because Realtor.com predicts that by the end of this year, Millennials may make up 43% of home buyers. They are seeing progress in their careers and home buying is the next logical step when wanting to start a family. Giving your family the best possible life is your goal.
Some states’ housing markets are causing buyers to flee due to interest rates, cost of living and tax laws. Wisconsin is not one of those states. This state boasts a hot housing market and is a big attraction for home buyers.
This can be hard on first time home buyers who are new to the process. It doesn’t have to be a battle though. Be quick on your feet and realize you may need to respond quickly and put offers up immediately when you see something you like. Be flexible and realize you may have to place multiple offers before you win.
Consider your house hunt as a priority you intend to win. Because you will win with patience and the best professional help. Call us at 920-788-9608 for more information on how to get started!