- 2019 Posts
- Don’t Let Intimidation Get in the Way of Home Ownership
- Setting Financial Goals for the New Year
- Buying a home after bankruptcy
+ 2018 Posts
- Why you should own a home rather than rent
- FHFA Conforming Loan Limits 2019
- How 2018 Market Trends Will Affect Wisconsin Buyers
- No Money Down Home Loans Appleton Oshkosh Green Bay Wisconsin
- Benefits of using FHA for your home loan
- Benefits of being a homeowner
- Wisconsin local lender vs online lender
- Home Loan Pre-Approval
- No Money Down Home Loan
- Serve and Support Loans
- Debt Consolidation and Cash Out
+ 2017 Posts
- Fast and Easy Refinance
- Now is the Time to Purchase a New Home
- Low Money Down Loans
- Who Can Get a VA Loan?
- Renting or Buying
- Loan Discounts for Nurses
- USDA Home Loans
- Loan Discounts for Teachers
- FHA 203K Home Improvement Loan
- Discount for Firefighters
- Getting an FHA Loan
- Discount for Police Officers
- Rates on the Rise
- Pre-Approval and Pre-Qualification Differences
- USDA No Money Down Home Loan
- Low Credit Home Buying
- Financing your New Home
- Bankruptcy and Home Ownership
- FHA 203K Loan
- Raising Rates Impact Buyers
- Finding the Right Home
- Buying VS Renting
- Home for Neighborhood Heroes
- GSF 100% Financing
- Free Appraisal with Finance First
- Home Inspections
- Low Money-Down Loan
- VA Loans 2017
- What is Mortgage Insurance
- Tax Refund Options
- FHA Loans
- Using a Realtor
- New Year Debt
+ 2016 Posts
- New Year, New Home!
- Mortgage Pre-Approval Advantages
- Bankruptcy and Home Buying
- Credit Scores
- Home Selling Secrets
- Rates to Rise
- Ready, Set, Winter!
- VA Loans
- Holiday Dream Home
- Stop Paying Rent Today!
- No Money Down Home Loans
- Getting Pre-Approved for Your Loan
- New Home for the Holidays
- Fall Home Deals
- No Down Payment Loans
- Streamline FHA and IRRRL VA loans
- Home Buying Tip #4
- Home Buying Tip #3
- Home Buying Tip #2
- Home Buying Tips and Tricks
- HomeReady - A Home Today!
- Serious About Buying a Home?
- Can you Afford to Wait to Purchase a Home?
- If You are Renting You are Still Paying a Mortgage
- Top Reasons We Buy a Home
- A Friendly Reminder: You Do Not Need 20% Down
- Selling Your Home and Holding Out for More Money
- Why Smart Singles are Buying Homes Now
- Avoid Having Your Offer to Purchase Rejected
- Building Your Net Worth with Home Ownership
- Why You Need a Home Inspection
- Why This is the Time to Sell Your Home
- Listing Your Home with a Realtor VS For Sale by Owner
- Buyers: Using a Real Estate Agent VS For Sale by Owner
- Millennial Home Buyers
- Home Buying during a Sellers Market
- Buying Versus Renting
- Private Mortgage Insurance Good or Bad
- You Do Not Need Great Credit to Buy a Home
- Putting Your Tax Return Toward Your Future
- FHA 203K loan – purchases and refinances that include rehab money
- Have Limited Down Payment Funds - FHA may be the loan for you!
- No Money Down Loans - USDA Rural Development Loans
- Should You Buy a Home Now or Wait Until Spring
- Use your tax returns toward your home purchase and invest in your future
+ 2015 Posts
- Renting VS. Buying – The benefits of being a home owner
- Pre-Approval for New Home Purchase
- What is Mortgage Insurance - PMI
- What to know about Escrow for Taxes and Insurance with your Home Loan
- Credit Score Tips
- Refinancing and Reducing Monthly Payments
- Fall Home Buying Season
- How do I get a VA Loan
- Fall is Upon Us
Home Buying Tip #4August 08, 2016
You've found your dream home and the day is set for your closing. Take advantage of the weeks before the big day to get organized and do some pre-packing. Here are some tips to make moving day a breeze!
A few weeks before the move is the perfect time to pack up all the decorations in your home. Critical items might be needed, but vases, pictures, figurines, and other decor items can be packed away and labeled to help eliminate some of the packing that will be done toward the end. Walk through each room and pack it up!
Use empty suit cases, wicker baskets, and chests to pack up those extra blankets, winter clothes, and bedding you may have- saving on extra boxes. Wrap stem wear, such as wine glasses, in your clean socks! Slip each one into a sock and pack them up - saving you on packing material and separate box for your socks. Label your boxes not only with what room they will need to be put in, but what is in them. After the move, this will help you determine what you need to unpack first.
Don't want to unpack all the dresser drawers, but need to make the dresser lighter? Pull the drawers out of the dresser and seal your clothes into the drawer with press and lock. Your clothes will be secure, and clean, and ready to go back in the dresser at the new house. Buy some stretch wrap from any store with a packing supply section. This will make securing cords to lamps, cushions on the couch, rolled up rugs, snug and secure without having to use sticky tape or a tripping hazard from dangling cords. You'll be surprised how often you will be reaching for the roll!
If your moving your refrigerator, remember to turn it off the day before the move. This will help with any defrosting, give you time to give it a good clean, and your appliance will be dry and ready to go for the move.
Finally, don't forget to have a yard sale or make a donation to your favorite local charity with items you don't use anymore. It will not only keep you from moving items you don't need, but helps your neighbors in the process!