- 2019 Posts
- Don’t Let Intimidation Get in the Way of Home Ownership
- Setting Financial Goals for the New Year
- Buying a home after bankruptcy
+ 2018 Posts
- Why you should own a home rather than rent
- FHFA Conforming Loan Limits 2019
- How 2018 Market Trends Will Affect Wisconsin Buyers
- No Money Down Home Loans Appleton Oshkosh Green Bay Wisconsin
- Benefits of using FHA for your home loan
- Benefits of being a homeowner
- Wisconsin local lender vs online lender
- Home Loan Pre-Approval
- No Money Down Home Loan
- Serve and Support Loans
- Debt Consolidation and Cash Out
+ 2017 Posts
- Fast and Easy Refinance
- Now is the Time to Purchase a New Home
- Low Money Down Loans
- Who Can Get a VA Loan?
- Renting or Buying
- Loan Discounts for Nurses
- USDA Home Loans
- Loan Discounts for Teachers
- FHA 203K Home Improvement Loan
- Discount for Firefighters
- Getting an FHA Loan
- Discount for Police Officers
- Rates on the Rise
- Pre-Approval and Pre-Qualification Differences
- USDA No Money Down Home Loan
- Low Credit Home Buying
- Financing your New Home
- Bankruptcy and Home Ownership
- FHA 203K Loan
- Raising Rates Impact Buyers
- Finding the Right Home
- Buying VS Renting
- Home for Neighborhood Heroes
- GSF 100% Financing
- Free Appraisal with Finance First
- Home Inspections
- Low Money-Down Loan
- VA Loans 2017
- What is Mortgage Insurance
- Tax Refund Options
- FHA Loans
- Using a Realtor
- New Year Debt
+ 2016 Posts
- New Year, New Home!
- Mortgage Pre-Approval Advantages
- Bankruptcy and Home Buying
- Credit Scores
- Home Selling Secrets
- Rates to Rise
- Ready, Set, Winter!
- VA Loans
- Holiday Dream Home
- Stop Paying Rent Today!
- No Money Down Home Loans
- Getting Pre-Approved for Your Loan
- New Home for the Holidays
- Fall Home Deals
- No Down Payment Loans
- Streamline FHA and IRRRL VA loans
- Home Buying Tip #4
- Home Buying Tip #3
- Home Buying Tip #2
- Home Buying Tips and Tricks
- HomeReady - A Home Today!
- Serious About Buying a Home?
- Can you Afford to Wait to Purchase a Home?
- If You are Renting You are Still Paying a Mortgage
- Top Reasons We Buy a Home
- A Friendly Reminder: You Do Not Need 20% Down
- Selling Your Home and Holding Out for More Money
- Why Smart Singles are Buying Homes Now
- Avoid Having Your Offer to Purchase Rejected
- Building Your Net Worth with Home Ownership
- Why You Need a Home Inspection
- Why This is the Time to Sell Your Home
- Listing Your Home with a Realtor VS For Sale by Owner
- Buyers: Using a Real Estate Agent VS For Sale by Owner
- Millennial Home Buyers
- Home Buying during a Sellers Market
- Buying Versus Renting
- Private Mortgage Insurance Good or Bad
- You Do Not Need Great Credit to Buy a Home
- Putting Your Tax Return Toward Your Future
- FHA 203K loan – purchases and refinances that include rehab money
- Have Limited Down Payment Funds - FHA may be the loan for you!
- No Money Down Loans - USDA Rural Development Loans
- Should You Buy a Home Now or Wait Until Spring
- Use your tax returns toward your home purchase and invest in your future
+ 2015 Posts
- Renting VS. Buying – The benefits of being a home owner
- Pre-Approval for New Home Purchase
- What is Mortgage Insurance - PMI
- What to know about Escrow for Taxes and Insurance with your Home Loan
- Credit Score Tips
- Refinancing and Reducing Monthly Payments
- Fall Home Buying Season
- How do I get a VA Loan
- Fall is Upon Us
Finding the Right HomeApril 05, 2017
The home market is not in the height of the season for home sales as it usually peaks in summer, but this year, things have taken off much more quickly. Homes are being listed and within just a few days, sometimes less, are receiving offers. The reason for this is that the market does not have enough homes for sale for all the potential buyers currently looking for a new home.
This leaves a prospective home buyers becoming quickly frustrated with finding a new home. There are a few reasons why this should not be discouraging and there are some critical things that can improve your chances of finding a new home.
Sit down and talk to your mortgage lender before starting your search. Finding out what home value you qualify for is crucial. You don't want to waste time making offers on homes that you may later find out you cannot afford. Also, your mortgage lender will help you provide the realtor with proof you are pre-approved for your new home loan.
Another important thing to remember if you are a first time home buyer is that you have an advantage over many people writing offers on homes. They must put in the contract that their existing home must sell in order for them to buy the new home. This is called a contingency. As a first time home buyer, you don't have to have this when writing your offer to purchase, and that is very attractive to a seller. They do not have to worry if your home is going to pass inspection, need repairs, and possibly bog down or worse yet, cancel their deal because the buyers cannot sell their current home.
This is the perfect time to be looking for a first home. Even if there is an offer on a home you like, it's possible it has a contingency just like this on it - with the buyer needing to sell their home to complete the deal. Many offers are written where the home seller can have your new offer supersede the existing offer, because of the contingency. A little patience can result in you finding that perfect home!
Contact your mortgage lender today, and let’s get home shopping!